Wednesday, May 13, 2009

David and Goliath

It has recently come to my attention that while my Fall 2008 transcripts from my study abroad are still in shambles, I am powerless to try and motivate the system. This bureaucratic nightmare is actually taking more time out of my life at school than my actual studies. It really shouldn't be this way, nor was it ever intended to. This means, from no actual explicit statement, that I might not be graduating this semester. What does one do when they have completed all listed courses and units, and is still in limbo one week away from the comencement ceremony? One shuts down, at least in my case. I'm finished, disgusted, robbed, and disgraced. I've talked to everyone, written every requested letter of greivance, met with the managment, but to no avail. The past two weeks I can identify a slumping depression, where I have turned to alcohol to alleviate my situation. I want out. I need help. I want what is mine. I've recently discovered an artist who caters all to well to my deepening depression: Lykke Li. Her haunting voice and incredibly real situations serves as the outlet where I can pour all my anger and depression. It seems too fitting that in order to recieve a degree in Political Science that one fight the establishment, the bureaucratic mess that was so slandered in lessons and sentiment. It will all be over soon, one way or another I suppose. Check out Lykke Li's "Tonight". 

No comments:

Post a Comment