Friday, May 1, 2009

Caviar and Cigarettes

I came bursting out with such an interesting quote the other afternoon that I had to pause a minute to admire myself. "I don't think I need another day of what somebody else has to say." At first glance, this rather simple quip is but a drop in the pond of ordinary conversation. Placed in context however, and it makes a powerful gesture to my ego and self-conviction of where I'm going in life. Essentially, I've tried to reach out for guidance, and all I seem to find is a lack thereof. I hate not having direction. Well, that aside, I have found the best Champagne in my entire life: Trader Joe's Blanc de Blanc. Its marvelous price tag of $4.49 per bottle tickles my tummy before the bubbles themselves do! I just can't say enough about it. Champagne is the cure to any disappointment, and has done so many times this semester. Many of my new found friends are living in constant crisis these days; blaming their situation on anyone but themselves. They have done it so well that I almost found myself following suit. And then it happened. Three days ago, in COMM 10, we learned about the Chinese hybrid character for the word crisis: danger and opportunity. That left me flustered for a few hours, trying to apply this new information to my situation. The opportunity I have found is the ability to return to earth. These next couple weeks will now be my humble return to the grindstone. To work where I must. To graduate and close this chapter of my life, only to move foreward into uncertainty and excitment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment